[RFC weston 0/9] weston-debug protocol, API, and tool

Devadoss, Maniraj (RBEI/ECF3; ADITG/SWG) external.mdevadoss at de.adit-jv.com
Thu Jul 27 15:13:22 UTC 2017

Hello Pekka,

Please find my replies.

> What do you think of the alias idea?
This idea looks good to group the debug scopes.

> I'm still not sure who or when would be able to push this work forward.
> I am very happy to hear it is a workable idea for you too.
We can complete the pending works and push it forward
Let me summarize the pending tasks
i) Add this protocol as a wayland-protocol
   - The protocol can be named as "compositor-debug-unstable-v1.xml", please let me know if this naming can be improved
i) WIP: parse and print the message arguments for the protocol logger
ii) WIP: add a man page for weston-debug client
iii) Add the command line to weston to stream the bootup logs to given file before the client connects
iv) Add the scope name to the debug messages

Please update the list if I miss some tasks.

Best regards

Maniraj Devadoss
Software Group (ADITG/SWG)

Tel. +49 5121 49 6933