Writing a basic compositor using libweston-desktop

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 01:10:57 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 1:51 AM, adlo <adloconwy at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I write a program that spawns a simple compositor instance on a
> nested Wayland window using libweston-desktop and the Wayland-on-Wayland
> backend? What are the absolute basics needed to get something on the screen
> using libweston-desktop and the nested Wayland-on-Wayland backend?

What about this? Am I on the right lines? What would I need to do to make
my compositor appear in a window?

	struct weston_desktop *desktop;
	struct wl_display *display;
	struct weston_compositor *compositor;
	const struct weston_desktop_api *api;
	struct weston_layer base;

	display = wl_display_create ();
	compositor = weston_compositor_create (display, NULL);
	weston_layer_init (&base, compositor);
	weston_layer_set_position (&base, WESTON_LAYER_POSITION_BACKGROUND);
	desktop = weston_desktop_create (compositor, api, NULL);

Regards

adlo