[RFC weston 0/9] weston-debug protocol, API, and tool

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 15:32:25 UTC 2017

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 14:10:56 +0000
"Ucan, Emre (ADITG/ESB)" <eucan at de.adit-jv.com> wrote:

> Hi Pekka,
>
> I like your idea with scope trees. I want to play around a little bit
> with the protocol next week. Later I will finalize my proposal for
> the protocol. Maybe you are right and we can use the protocol as it
> is.
>
> Do you think that the RFC is mergeable to upstream ? Are there
> something to address before ?

Hi Emre,

the two things that are missing are man-page for weston-debug and
finishing the protocol pretty-printer. The are noted in the respective
commit messages. After those, the series is mergeable in my opinion.

More command line options and scope collections can well be added later.

Do you think you want the protocol in wayland-protocols still? If yes,
that could be done first. However, I'm not quite sure the
weston-specific interface names good then, but I don't have better
ideas at the moment.

If in wayland-protocols, it should be an unstable protocol (see the
README in wayland-protocols on how things need to be arranged).