Disable libinput in configure time

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 16:39:56 UTC 2017

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 14:26:50 +0200
SÅ‚awomir Lach <slawek at lach.art.pl> wrote:

> I'm looking forward to disable libinput, while compiling libweston. I'm
> developing SDL2-graphics-backend and need to use SDL-input, so I must
> disable libinput. How achieve this?

Hi,

theoretically disabling all libweston backends that require libinput
should stop requiring libinput, but I forget if we actually have
that implemented in the code. If we don't, I assume patches to make
it so would be welcomed if they do not cause a mess with #ifdefs.
OTOH, it's hard to imagine systems that didn't have libinput at all
but would be running something libweston-based, so I don't think we
should bother with any large refactoring if that would be needed.

May I ask what you need an SDL2 backend for? Do you intend to
submit it upstream for inclusion?

Why is libinput as a dependency a problem? It's not used unless the
backend chooses to use it.