Two-finger width setting on Dell XPS 15 9650

Vahe Oughourlian jedcred at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 01:46:12 UTC 2017

I'm working with a Dell XPS 15 9650 using libinput. Using the Synaptics
driver, a property is available to set the maximum distance two fingers may
be apart before a two-finger scroll can be triggered, called "Synaptics
Two-Finger Width." At the moment, two fingers anywhere on the touchpad will
switch it over to a two-finger scroll.

I ran across a post from Peter Hutterer (
https://who-t.blogspot.de/2016/04/why-libinput-doesnt-have-lot-of-config.html)
discussing the intention to minimize options in libinput, and there doesn't
seem to be a setting that affects this behavior that I could find. Given
that, is the most appropriate thing to file a bug for this particular
trackpad to have a reasonable default added for this device, or is this a
setting libinput eventually intends to support? Or is this setting already
available?

Thanks!