Display rotation in Wayland/weston in imx6sx

Jomon John jomon.john at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu Jun 22 08:20:07 UTC 2017

Paalanen,

>Are you sure of the kernel requirement? Weston should be using the
>composition to rotate the image. Kernel support is only necessary if
>one wants to hit the composite-bypass path if clients are not already
>rotating as well.
>
>I would expect it to work for all of fbdev/pixman, DRM/pixman and
>DRM/GL.

Sorry, mentioned mainline kernel to setup DRI working with etnaviv,
since the etnaviv drivers are not there in the linux-imx.

I didn't found the any details regarding the output naming for fbdev
backend in the man page for weston.ini, so thought that its not possible
with fbdev based outputs, please correct me if i am wrong.

_
Best Regards
Jomon John