[RFC weston 0/9] weston-debug protocol, API, and tool

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:48:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 08:01:08 +0000
"Ucan, Emre (ADITG/ESB)" <eucan at de.adit-jv.com> wrote:

> Hello Pekka,
>
> I think it is very hard do it in a generic way, because it is very
> dependent on the kernel and architecture. We are using systemtap in
> ADIT for similar purpose. You can add probe points without changing
> the binary which you are debugging.

Hi Emre,

I thought so, thanks for confirming.

I've also thought of new uses for weston-debug interface. The
weston_debug_scope_cb begin callback could ensure there is a timer
registered and from the timer callback print e.g. per-surface or
per-output rendering statistics. The timer would be torn down when it
fires and sees nothing is subscribed anymore.

..