[RFC weston] libweston-desktop: Add size_requested API

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Jun 23 11:26:24 UTC 2017

Hi Quentin,

On 21 March 2017 at 11:53, Quentin Glidic
<sardemff7+wayland at sardemff7.net> wrote:
> Some shells (wl_shell) does not let the compositor control the surface
> state and instead force one. Therefore, they cannot call
> {maximized,fullscreen}_requested as these imply the compositor can still
> opt-out.
> This new callback is called whenever a state change requests a new size,
> be it triggered by the client or the compositor.

I'd appreciate if this were split so the requested_size ->
pending_size name change is split. (That has my Acked-by.)

Similarly, the new get_pending_* API has my Acked-by; there are no
users, but it seems entirely straightforward.

Would be good to merge them before we have an alpha, which is I guess
still a couple of weeks away.

The bit which really confuses me is that none of the shells actually
implement size_requested. If no shells implement it, and no users use
get_pending_*, what effect does this actually have? Having it
implemented somewhere might clear things up a bit.

Cheers,
Daniel