libinput - Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Finger

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Mar 6 02:22:08 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 11:11:17PM +0100, g wrote:
> Hello, I've just received the tablet mentioned above. I've tried to get
> it up and running with libinput-gestures. When starting gestures I get
> the following error:
>
> libinput error: libinput bug: Device 'Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Pad' does not
> meet tablet criteria. Ignoring this device.
>
> I guess it's just unknown to libinput. If somebody can point me to the
> right place in code I will submit a patch.

looks like this is the pad event node, which is indeed not a tablet (the Pen
node should work). The pad needs to have ID_INPUT_TABLET_PAD assigned in
udev. That's done by the udev rules libwacom generates and ships, so you
can try your luck updating libwacom or, if the device is still missing,
adding it to libwacom. If that's the CTH-490 though it should've been in
libwacom since november 2015, so I'm a bit surprised this doesn't seem to
work.

Cheers,
   Peter