wayland/weston 1.9.0 and glimagesingk gstreamer wayland sink query with i.MX6

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 08:48:03 UTC 2017

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 19:28:10 +0530
Vikas Patil <vikasmpatil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> When I run simple video application (which pause and play gstreamer
> pipeline continuously) based on following pipeline [1] with  weston 1.9.0  and
> glimagesink (part of gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad 1.6.0 package) on i.MX6 based
> platform and Linux 4.1 without exporting (export
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) then it works fine and runs as long as
> I want.

You should not be able to run weston at all without XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
properly set up.

> However when I export (export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) and run
> the test application after some loopback it gives segmentation fault in GPU
> driver. I would like to know what difference does it make if I export
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR or not? Why the different behavior?

XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is where the Wayland socket will be, so if the
compositor and the client have different runtime dirs, the client
should usually fail to connect.

Is it possible that you get a fallback to X11 via Xwayland?

Are you sure you don't mean /run/user/1000?

XDG_RUNTIME_DIR may also be used for allocating wl_shm buffers - are
you running out of disk space there? (The space will hopefully get
freed as soon as the client reserving it dies.)