Return values in Wayland XML specification

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Wed May 24 18:37:25 UTC 2017

> On 24 May 2017, at 16:43, Quentin Glidic <sardemff7+wayland at sardemff7.net> wrote:
>
> There is no need, because the compositor is supposed to list only relevant surfaces.

What I would like to do is get the desktop window so that I can display a fake live image of the empty desktop as a background to my full-screen window switcher, so that I can imply that the windows have flown up and rearranged themselves on the window switcher, similar to GNOME Shell, but without the 3D effects or GL stuff.

At the moment I have something like this:

WnckWindow * lightdash_compositor_get_root_window (LightdashCompositor *compositor)
{
	GList *li;

	for (li = wnck_screen_get_windows (compositor->screen); li != NULL; li = li->next)
	{
		WnckWindow *win = WNCK_WINDOW (li->data);

		if (wnck_window_get_window_type (win) == WNCK_WINDOW_DESKTOP)
		{
			return win;
		}
	}