Fragment Shader of FP16 produces incorrect image drawing.

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Tue Nov 21 10:10:34 UTC 2017

Hi,

If you're worried about FP16 interpolation accuracy (which, as the vendor
states, only gets you 10 bits of accuracy, so only 1024 different values --
definitely not big enough to drive a maximized window at normal desktop
resolutions), you can try using normalized GL_SHORT texture coordinates
instead. I don't know if the hardware you have supports fixed-point
interpolation for vertex attributes, you would need to ask your vendor
about that. You can also try changing the "precision mediump"s in
gl-renderer.c to "precision highp"s. I would hope a decent GPU would
support at least FP32.

Anything else would require extensive changes to either use texelFetch or
rectangle textures, both of which are things you likely don't want to do.

  Jasper