ikshwaku.ec2004 at gmail.com

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:10:16 UTC 2018

Dear All,

We are facing issue when we are trying to add same surface to multiple
layers. When we try to attach surface to another layer, it is getting
detached from the earlier layer.

We are using wayland/weston/wayland-ivi-extension 1.11.0 with drm-backend
on TI's Soc.

Could anyone know if this is the limitation of ILM 1.11.0 ? Is this fixed
in newer version and can it be ported to 1.11.0 ? or Is there any other way
to show same surface on multiple layers?

I see it was the limitation with wayland-ivi-extesnion 1.9.0 as below [1].

*"Currently 1 layer can be only on 1 screen, and 1 surface can be only *
*on 1 layer, we are planning to relax this limitation And allow 1 **surface *
*to be on many layers but we would need to break the ABI and change
the  **ivi-controller protocol."*

[1]
https://lists.genivi.org/pipermail/genivi-ivi-layer-management/2016-October/005416.html

Thanking you in advance.