Wayland/weston opens files in suspend/resume

Teemu K maillinglists18 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:18:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have custom iMX6 based HW running image generated with Yocto 2.4
(Wayland 2.0.0) and Linux kernel 4.1.x that I've been testing with
suspend/resume cycles.

I noticed that after each suspend/resume cycle open file count
increases. In my testing I got around 490 suspend/resume cycles until
libwayland gave error that there is too many open files.
--
[14:29:52.385] libwayland: dup failed: Too many open files
[14:29:52.385] caught signal: 6

The 11u part changes, but other parts are same. First time there is
11u and 13u but later it goes all the way to 93u (some numbers are
missing).

Also my QT application running when suspending keeps keeping these
kinds of files open which I assume (I may be wrong) because the
weston.

--
qtapplicat   929  965       root   11u      REG       0,18    48097
12272 /run/user/root/weston-shared-24Zz9a (deleted)

I know that the Weston is quite old since I think 4.0.0 has already
come out,but is there any known bug that causes this? I did a search,
but couldn't find any. I know it's rare to need suspend/resume over
400 times without cutting power at some point, but I'm sure there'll
be that one customer that does it.

-Teemu K