I've got a question to ask you

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 07:44:14 UTC 2018

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 12:00:56 +0800
binnan hao <haobinnan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Busybox root file system, and the default setting on Busybox is
> mdev instead of udev.

Hi,

whatever you have or do, you need to set up the device attributes the
way libinput expects them to be to recognize an input device as a
keyboard or a mouse or other.

You can look into libinput source code to see how it queries the
devices through the libudev API, and then figure out how to make mdev
return the data libinput expects. Hopefully you find a way to at least
hardcode your input device types with mdev - a proper system with udev
uses some tools that try to infer the device type from the kernel evdev
features it supports automatically, AFAIU.

For more information, see:
https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/device-configuration-via-udev.html

I have no idea what mdev is or how it works, so I cannot say if that is
possible. Please, let us know how it goes, so that we have something to
say to the next person asking similar questions.