After display protocol error communication between wayland protocol and client is broken.

Ikshwaku Chauhan ikshwaku.ec2004 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:40:25 UTC 2018

Hello All,

We are facing an issue where we are not receiving any surface/layer
creation/distortion notifications from Layermanager.

We debugged and found that, once we get "*display protocol error : Invalid
Object XX" i.e, (wl_display at 1.error(wl_display at 1, 0, "invalid object XX"))*
on wayland client side, there is No further communication between Wayland
Protocol and Client to and from both.

Is this an expected behavior or any recovery is possible?

We are using wayland/weston/wayland-ivi-extension 1.11.0 with drm-backend
on TI's Soc.

Thanks you in advance.

Regards,

Ikshwaku