Weston default pixel format

Santiago Otero sotero at gsertel.com
Thu Jul 12 11:49:06 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have a display device that supports up to three different display
buffers: one graphic layer and two video layers. The graphic layer is at
the top (zpos=2).

I'm using Weston (DRM backend) with a Qt5 application at full screen
(graphic layer). Weston is using pixel format XR24 even if Qt5 is using
AR24.

In another application I have a video player application that renders by
DRM into a video layer (zpos=1). The problem is that the HW alpha
composition is not working due to Weston pixel format and because of
that I'm unable to see the video layer.

Is there any configuration option to force Weston to use AR24?

Thanks,

Santiago Otero