[RFC libinput] dox: switch to sphinx for the user-visible documentation

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Jul 26 10:02:43 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 at 02:53, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 03:42:50PM +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> > Sending this out as patch even though what really matters is the
> > output. Which is... here, tadaaa!
> >
> > https://people.freedesktop.org/~whot/libinput-rtd/
>
> fwiw, I've played around with it a bit and updated the URL above. It now has
> a proper hierarchy, more doxygen tags are being parsed.
>
> There are still a few parsing issues that need to be fixed manually. And the
> doc needs a general do-over to split it better into user docs vs developer
> docs. And of course doxygen itself needs to be separated, generated, and
> link to the sphinx docs. But otherwise this looks quite nice IMO.

Oh, that is really nice. I like that it actually has a navigable
hierarchy now. That was always my biggest issue with Doxygen. Given
that the kernel also uses Sphinx for the DRM/KMS documentation in
particular, it's probably good for us to be using it as well.

If it counts for anything at all:
Acked-by: Daniel Stone <daniels at collabora.com>

Cheers,
Daniel

PS: You might want to disable syntax highlighting on the MIT license;
also 'generated by from git commit' at the very bottom.