Release schedule

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:23:36 UTC 2018

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 07:22:19 +0100
Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 4 June 2018 at 13:14, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> > On 4 June 2018 at 12:29, Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Does it clash with the GitLab migration?
> >
> > We've already moved the repos and the site. I think it would be good
> > to move our issues just before the release, so by 5.0.0rc (or beta?)
> > we had all our issues already in GitLab and could have that as a clean
> > cut-off point. From my (migration) point of view, we can absolutely
> > have Bugzilla migrated - we could pretty much do that now - and I'm
> > moderately confident of having Phabricator migrated by then as well.
> > But I don't think it's so bad even if the Phab migration does slip a
> > little after the Bugzilla migration.
> >
> > If we have split release cycles for Wayland and Weston, we can choose
> > to migrate Wayland's bugs later if that makes sense.
>
> I spent last night hitting the Phabricator -> GitLab migration tool
> with a wrench until it works, and all of the bugs seemed to migrate
> just fine. From my point of view, I can do the issue migrations for
> both Wayland and Weston as soon as it seems like a good idea.
>
> Absent further suggestions, I'll do it at the end of this week,
> accompanied by patches to change anywhere we link to Bugzilla.

Hi Daniel,

you mean you are ready to migrate both Bugzilla and Phabricator?

I saw your heroic flood of bug report updates which was awesome to
watch, does this mean you are ok with the state of bugzilla now from
migration perspective?

Personally I don't mind at all when the migration happens. Fire at
will. :-)

I also don't mind if you make bz and phab (also wiki) both completely
read-only already now when you migrate. Is that the plan?