Issue with initial window position

PrasanthKumar P.A. PrasanthKumar.PA at nestgroup.net
Thu Jun 14 10:39:57 UTC 2018

Dear All,

I have a  Qt Qml application which contains several windows (Qml windows). I have set the initial positions x,y for these windows  but none of these windows are coming in the corresponding coordinates .Each time when I restart the application the windows are coming in the random positions .I tested this with a single window qml application and that too is having the same problem .

I have tried several things from the qt qml application side but failed I have posted this in Qt forum but couldnt find a proper solution.

https://forum.qt.io/topic/90936/qml-windows-not-coming-on-specified-x-y-coordinates
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50460064/qml-windows-not-coming-on-specified-x-y-coordinates

I have  came in to a conclusion that the issue is from the underlying wayland side .I am using weston version 3.0.0 and  qt 5.8 .
Is there any thing that can done with wayland api.Can you please guide me to a solution.I have attached the code I have used.

Thanks,
Prasanth

Confidentiality Statement / Disclaimer : This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.

The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.