Release schedule

Derek Foreman derekf at osg.samsung.com
Thu Jun 14 17:35:46 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-14 02:08 AM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 21:05:03 -0400
> ferreiradaselva <ferreiradaselva at protonmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Any chance of the XDG decoration protocol being part of this release plan?
>
> Hi,
>
> wayland-protocols is not part of this release plan. It is much more
> free to release at arbitrary times and usually does not go through a
> freeze period either.

Right, exactly that - I don't see a weston/wayland release having any
impact on XDG decoration protocol in any way.

> Unless you mean a Weston implementation of that?

Weston isn't always the first to implement new protocol anymore (xdg
shell stable, for example), so weston being released without an
implementation of XDG decoration won't grief any other compositor
wishing to do so.

At this point I've seen no other concerns about the proposed schedule on
or off list, so let's go with:

Alpha - July 10th
Beta - July 24th
RC1 - August 7th
First possible release August 14th.

This will be a combined weston + wayland release, but following this one
I think it's time to start releasing them independently.  That's a
discussion we can have in late August.

Thanks,
Derek