LayerManagerControl dump surface command is not working with gstreamer pipeline.

Ikshwaku Chauhan ikshwaku.ec2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:28:20 UTC 2018

Dear All,

We are facing issue when we are trying to take the surface dump for a video
running on the display. we are observing the following behaviors:

1. When we run a video file through gstreamer
<http://www.ti.com/tool/gstreamer> pipeline then, not able to take the
surface dump with LayerManagerControl command.

Command used : LayerManagerControl dump surface 90 to surface.png  Only
getting a dot when we zoom in the generated image file.

2. But able to get the screen dump for video playback

Command used: LayerManagerControl dump screen 0 to screen.png. Getting the
proper screen dump.

3. When we run EGLWLMockNavigation, then both surface and screen dumps are
working properly.

We are using wayland/weston/wayland-ivi-extension 1.11.0 with drm-backend
on TI's Soc.

Could anyone tell us what might be the issue, or we are missing any
configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ikshwaku