Sharing wl display/surface with another process.

Maksim Sisov msisov at igalia.com
Fri Mar 2 13:12:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a question about a proper client side of implementation of
wayland with egl.

The idea is that we have wayland ui related stuff on ui process
(creating wayland window, managing mouse/keyboard inputs and etc), and
have egl related stuff created and rendering on another gpu process.

That gpu process creates an egl window, but it has to use an wl_surface
handle, which is available on the ui process side.

What would be the best way to achieve that? Can I just pass the handle
to another process or is there a better way how to achieve that? And how
I can share the wl_display across the process? Or should I better have
another wayland connection established?

What is the best approach in this kind of cases?

Regards,
Maksim