T480s Trackpoint drifts

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Thu Mar 22 01:46:59 UTC 2018

Thank you Peter for the pointers!

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018, at 12:25 PM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> yeah, that's a built-in trackpoint feature that we don't have control over.

drat

> pieces with google. drift_time is probably the key here, maybe resetafter or
> resync_time. At some point I had a pdf somewhere that described some of
> these but, ...

https://s.natalian.org/2018-03-22/Elantech-TrackPoint.txt

Well, I'm doing random stuff like `[root at t480s device]# echo 5 > resync_time` since I have no idea what I am doing and It's not helping..

> > How do I do that? xinput?
> use the gnome control center to change the pointer speed. or yeah, the
> libinput Accel Speed property, set it to -1 and you'll have tar galore.

https://s.natalian.org/2018-03-22/xinput.png
Sorry, I'm not a Gnome user. I one of those suckless linux users (lusers) who try to remove every gnome or kde app on their machine. Is there no cli tool I can effectively jam my trackpoint with?

> https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/trackpoints.html matters
> too

It doesn't seem to account for the Y access. In my case here: https://s.natalian.org/2018-03-21/libinput.txt X axis is probably 25? and y is .. er.. 13? So how would LIBINPUT_ATTR_TRACKPOINT_RANGE look?

That hwdb configuration syntax looks a bit daunting.

Kind regards,