T480s Trackpoint drifts

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Mar 22 05:57:23 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 01:50:31PM +0800, Kai Hendry wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, at 12:15 PM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> > right, sorry if that wasn't clear but changing the acceleration profile
> > won't change the drift you're seeing. Completely separate bug. What it does
> > change is the speed which you labeled as "a bit too fast" in the first
> > email.
>
> Oh, so what can I do at this point to disable my drifting trackpoint but
> still have the buttons working?

there's nothing ready-made. the solution would be to figure out the kernel
knobs and whatever else is there to fix the HW problem that we have here.
And/or hack up some custom version of libinput that ignores motion events
from that device. But something off-the-shelf - nothing, sorry.

Cheers,
   Peter