Migrating Wayland & Weston to GitLab

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri May 11 11:27:02 UTC 2018

Hi Peter,

On 10 May 2018 at 00:48, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 04:59:49PM +0100, Daniel Stone wrote:
>> The first thing to happen is to migrate the central Git push point to
>> GitLab. anongit.fd.o and cgit will still work as read-only mirrors,
>> but you will not be able to push to git.fd.o. This would happen for
>> all of wayland, wayland-protocols, weston and wayland-web. libinput we
>> could move separately, wayland-build-tools is open to discussion (does
>> it still work?), and wayland-java appears to be completely abandoned.
>
> regarding libinput: I'll release 1.11 over the next month or so, so the
> options are basically: move now or move after that. I'd rather not
> switch git repos between RCs.

Yeah, what I was trying to say was more like: there's no reason to
pair the two together, so whatever we do and decide with Wayland here,
libinput can move separately at its own pace. Probably makes sense to
put it in a new group by now, especially if you want to group related
tools with it, give it its own site, etc etc.

> Otherwise I'm happy to move, I'm struggling with bugzilla, so I'm mostly
> hoping that GitLab is going to be better (without having evaluated it
> deeply :)

What could possibly go wrong? :)

More seriously, that sounds good - please remind me when the release
has happened and you're ready to move and I'll get it migrated.

> Thanks for all the work on this btw.

No problem!

Cheers,
Daniel