Use-case for CTRC background color?

Harish Krupo harish.krupo.kps at intel.com
Fri Nov 16 08:31:06 UTC 2018

Hi Emre,

Thanks for replying.

Ucan, Emre (ADITG/ESB) <eucan at de.adit-jv.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Clients should not control a property of a wl_output directly.
>
> You can add a new property to the weston-config for output section, so that weston can enable a specific color for an output at startup.

Sorry, I should have been specific. The user would set the color here
[1]. The desktop client would then check if the output (output wrapper)
has advertised the background color capability. If so, it would then set
the color using a different request as compared the the set_background
request which already exists in weston-desktop-shell. This interface
would take R, G, B colors instead of a buffer.

Thank you
Regards
Harish Krupo

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/blob/master/weston.ini.in#L10