RFC: Wayland high-resolution wheel scrolling

Vlad Zagorodniy vladzzag at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 11:40:06 UTC 2019

On 4/3/19 5:36 AM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> kwin (through qtwayland):
> - doesn't handle discrete at all afaict
> - pointer axis events are passed through but I got a bit confused over the
>    actual value written on the wire here.

Small correction: KWin doesn't use QtWayland (neither directly nor
indirectly as far as I know); instead it uses KWayland.

> kwin:
> - doesn't use discrete so won't be affected by changes
It's worth to mention that there is a patch to make KWin forward
value/discrete as they come from libinput and as with the rest of
compositors value of 0 would be interpreted as axis_stop.

Cheers,
Vlad