weston rdp black screen

Jean-Francois Dagenais jeff.dagenais at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 11:39:06 UTC 2019

Hi guy,

> On Apr 12, 2019, at 04:03, Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> on a quick test, it is working for me. I built Weston from master
> branch today, launched it with:
>
> weston --backend=rdp-backend.so --rdp-tls-key=../weston-rdp-tls.key --rdp-tls-cert=../weston-rdp-tls.crt
>
> and used Remmina to connect to it.
>
> I don't specify any particular screen size though, that comes from
> Weston defaults I guess.
>
> I'm on Debian Buster amd64, with these:
> libfreerdp2-2 2.0.0~git20190204.1.2693389a+dfsg1-1
> remmina 1.3.3+dfsg-2

Thanks for the comeback. The only success I had was using xfreerdp client. I did not try remmina (I suspect it uses the freeRDP client lib).

For server, it works when I run weston on x11 backend, then toggle screen-share. The rdp backend also works on my platform (mali based) but when launched directly. If I launch using drm backend, then enable screen sharing, then I only get a black screen.

I've had to put this aside for a bit. I may end up coding a rfb-backend.so (or vnc-backend.so) in the near future.