weston rdp black screen

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 07:27:31 UTC 2019

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 14:28:16 -0400
Jean-Francois Dagenais <jeff.dagenais at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the end though, all I am really paid for is adding remote screen capability
> in our product which is quite a subset of a proper generic VNC backend. The
> resulting work would not be upstreamable, but would still be of value in the
> open source domain for the next party to carry it forward.

Oh, in that case, have you looked at Weston's remoting plugin?

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/tree/master/remoting
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/blob/master/doc/remoting-client-receive.bash

The catch with that is that it depends on the DRM-backend which is
currently the only thing providing "virtual outputs". It's also "just"
a one-way point-to-point video stream at the moment, there is no remote
control whatsoever.

There were plans to add remote input to that and a simple viewer
application, but that seems to be on hold for now.