wayland-protocols scope and governance

Drew DeVault sir at cmpwn.com
Sat Apr 20 17:29:59 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-18 11:19 AM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> Would be interesting to hear what you think after you've submitted 5
> MRs to the same project, to be able to see past the first-time setup
> cost.

Is it much different from Github? I've used Github extensively and I
understand the Gitlab flow is pretty similar. It's definitely a lot more
work, even though it's easier for people who don't grok email.

> I find it somewhat strange that you advocate a mailing list workflow,
> but cannot or do not want to deal with that low average traffic as
> currently on wayland-devel at . What's the difference?

I would be happier about using wayland-devel@ if the Weston
chatter/patches/etc were moved to a different list.