is there any interface to set key mask (or filter?) of surface ?

Mark Lee ivorycloud1013 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:32:47 UTC 2019

OK. I'll make it simple.

system (TV) composes of a graphic compositor based QtWayland and clients
used Qt, web, and native framework.
a couple of applications can be foreground, and also they can get input
events through compositor input handling logic.
unlike most system, our product provides RCU (remote control: only
keyboard) and MRCU (Magic RCU: keyboard + pointer).

generally, there is no trouble about input event propagation considering
input region of client and surface z-order at compositor-side.
but, why it needs to use key mask is that and what it is use case of it is
following,
*1) key masking between parent and child surface using wl_subsurface*
    - (init state) parent has wl_keyboard focus.
    - keyboard event happens. (ex. channel number key)
    - compositor asks parent accept the key (HOW?), (maybe unaccept it)
child surface should get and consume it.
*2) key masking ? between exporter and importer surface using wl_foreign*
    - (init state) parent has wl_keyboard focus.
    - keyboard event happens. (ex. arrow key, it can be navigated
throughout visible items including exporter and importer surfaces)
    - compositor asks parent accept the key (HOW?), (maybe unacceptably it)
child surface should get wl_keyboard focus and consume the key.
    - since next keys, compositor asks client first.

How do you think about it ?
In my knowledge,
compositor should provides dynamic key masking interface in reference to
keymap like keyboard
but... it is complicated to use by client dynamically according to
situation of application ?

2019년 8월 14일 (수) 오후 5:40, Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com>님이 작성:

--
Sincerely, Jinho Lee