Why so many Weston APIs were moved to libweston-internal.h

Sichem Zhou sichem.zh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 17:15:37 UTC 2019

Hi weston developers,

I noticed the new weston(since version 6.0.91), it introduced a new
internal header `libweston-internel.h`. Many useful APIs for compositor
writers were moved here.

For example, personally I heavily use temporary binding thus I use
`weston_binding_destroy` to remove those bindings once their jobs are done.

Right now I can still declare those functions but once those API are
internal, they are subjected to changes or removal thus breaks the linkage
for compositor writers. I am wondering Is it possible to move those
functions back to public?

Regards,
Xichen