Setting a color space for a wl_surface

Jeffrey Kardatzke jkardatzke at chromium.org
Mon Dec 9 22:30:10 UTC 2019

Wanted to post this to the list as an FYI for an implementation I did for
setting the color space for a wl_surface. This has now been merged into the
Chromium codebase. I was going to wait until this all settled out upstream,
but needed something done sooner than that was likely to happen. I do plan
to update this to whatever is settled on upstream when that happens.

For the entire change:
https://crrev.com/c/1934076

For just the colorspace protocol:
https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/1934076/6/third_party/wayland-protocols/unstable/color-space/color-space-unstable-v1.xml

It's very straightforward, there's just one call to set the colorspace
which takes 4 constants which correspond to the gfx::ColorSpace in
Chromium. The values are for the primaries, transfer function, range and
matrix.

Cheers,
Jeffrey Kardatzke