HDR support in Wayland/Weston

Kai-Uwe ku.b-list at gmx.de
Thu Feb 7 14:31:44 UTC 2019

Hello Chris,

Am 31.01.19 um 20:03 schrieb Chris Murphy:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 10:54 PM Nautiyal, Ankit K
> <ankit.k.nautiyal at intel.com> wrote:
>>  From where can the client-applications get the ICC profile files? Does
>> the client application manufacture it for a given color space and a
>> standard template?
> I'm pretty sure most every desktop environment and distribution have
> settled on colord as the general purpose service.

Chris is quite involved in _colord_ consultancy as a color management
__consultant__ and writes books about color management. But he do not
tell anywhere about these commercial interest clash. Are face down cards
common advertising practice in the US?

regards

Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
www.oyranos.org - Color Management System project lead
www.behrmann.name - coding for various open source and commercial color

PS: To make it clear, I am fine that different people speak up their
technical opinion, including about their own business products. As long
as it is publicly visible in a email and has technical benefit.

PPS: sorry for the late noice, and of course great to see the topic
becoming lively again