wayland-protocols scope and governance

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Feb 22 14:07:31 UTC 2019

Hi James,

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 13:55, James Feeney <james at nurealm.net> wrote:
> On 2/21/19 12:10 PM, Simon Ser wrote:
> > Sorry, these comments feel a bit off-topic here. I'd appreciate if we
> > could stay focused. Thanks!
>
> And, what topic would that be, then, given that the subject of the thread is "wayland-protocols scope and GOVERNANCE"?
>
> Or, perhaps you are a non-native English speaker, and the word "governance" has some unconventional connotation for you?
>
> Or, maybe "wayland-devel" is not yet ready for introspection?  Perhaps another year - or 10 - will be required before certain, more "mature", issues can be broached?

I was going to respond to your first email, and suggest that if you
were unwilling to make any contribution to the project apart from
shouting about direction, you could at least consider reading books on
how to influence people without totally alienating them. But Simon did
a much better job, complete with outstanding English.

Since you insist on being so massively rude and unproductive, I've
enabled moderation for your future posts. If you can remain on-topic
and make actual useful contributions (e.g. I'm not sure what about
copy & paste is 'too hard', given I've been copy and pasting text,
images, and files all day ...) then you're more than welcome to. But
just shouting into the void isn't that.

Cheers,
Daniel