has weston a rtsp video src support?

Barry Song 21cnbao at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 02:02:43 UTC 2019

Hi Esaki,

Esaki Tomohito <etom at igel.co.jp> 于2019年7月24日周三 下午1:44写道:

> Hello Barry,
>
> The remoting plugin doesn't support mirroring.
> If the recently merged pipewire plugin doesn't support mirroring,
> I think that weston doesn't support remote mirroring.

thanks for your reply. it seems pipewire is a good plugin which can
move gstreamer pipeline out of weston.  so it makes remote-plugin more
flexible.
but it is probably another extended screen rather than mirroring.

I am wondering if it is possible to make the "same-as" clone-mode
support remote screen as well:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2018-April/037946.html

since remote screen has no real crtc, it should be able to simulate a
sharing-crtc scenerios which "same-as" clone-mode depends on?

-barry