Independent clone mode

Barry Song 21cnbao at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 20:58:42 UTC 2019

Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> 于2019年7月26日周五 上午3:30写道:

> On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 13:00:55 +1200
> Barry Song <21cnbao at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> 于2019年7月24日周三 下午8:10写道:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > no, that commit message is still accurate. I don't know of any
> > > plans to work on independent CRTC clone mode.
> >
> > Pekka,
> > any possible workaround do you know to support independent crtc clone
> > within weston? right now it is very important product feature.
> > for example, force weston to identify only one screen, and sync copy
> > the screen to 2nd screen and call the drm api of 2nd screen?
>
> Hi,
>
> you could hack it up to do that, but it would be in no way an
> upstreamable solution. It would also hurt display timings because
> every repaint would have to wait for both monitors to refresh. Or,
> all but one monitor would tear.
>
> A simpler hack would be to create overlapping outputs and
> force them repaint fully on every refresh instead of repainting
> only the damage. That's not upstreamable either, but the damage
> could be hacked with probably a one-liner.

Hi Pekka,
Thanks. even though i have seen many times that damage tracking of
overlapping outputs is the main cause stopping weston from supporting
full clone mode, i haven't fully understood what is overlapping
outputs in weston and found the code related with overlapping output,
would you like to point out some code path so that i can begin to do
some work on it? pls forgive me if you think the question is just
stupid.

> Thanks,
> pq

-barry