[ANNOUNCEMENT] Wayland project uses Gitlab merge requests workflow

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 12:51:29 UTC 2019

Hi all,

it has been over a week since the proposal, it got 5 acks and no
objections, so I went ahead.

I have just enabled merge requests on the wayland repository and solved
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland/issues/49 .

Just like with Weston, we will continue draining the patches from
Patchwork as time permits, but would hope new submission to use the
merge request workflow. The new workflow is documented in
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Mind though, that wayland-protocols repository is still not in Gitlab.
It will get there eventually, and then we will have again a discussion
on whether it should move to the Gitlab merge request workflow or
remain at the email based workflow.