[RFC wayland-protocols v2 0/1] Color Management Protocol

Florian Höch lists+wayland-devel at hoech.org
Fri Mar 15 14:47:03 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am 15.03.2019 um 15:28 schrieb Erwin Burema:
> "degammaed" https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gS8F6ZXyfoobVWoHxD-IXM6_Hx7OJGCu
> "gammaed" https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BpVG_Xvy0C4o9FBahseClFItyYeoz9zq
>
> As you can see this is quite awe-full, no white balance, shift in
> white balance over intensity, etc. It will be very hard to get this
> linear and even then you will have white balance issues when blending
> in this color space. Now would it be possible to get this close to
> workable I have no idea but it will be kinda hard

This discussion seems like a red herring.

The screenshots above do not show what you think they do. They both show
the mapping of D50 input absolute colorimetrically to RGB through the
profile (backward direction, B2A, PCS to device), just with different
lightness axis (L* vs Y). Using absolute is an error in this case.

Graeme has already commented on how proper blending could be done,
without affecting color (if done at high enough precision).

Cheers,

Florian.