X.Org GSoC 2019 - Student Application Period
twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:32:28 UTC 2019
I'm happy to announce that the X.Org Foundation has been chosen to
participate in this year's GSoC program!
Students have from now until April 9th to submit their proposals.
Students will be looking at https://www.x.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas/ and
https://www.x.org/wiki/ToDo/ for ideas. Please take a moment to review those
lists to see:
- are these valid ideas?
- should items be removed?
- are there items that can be added?
Also, please consider signing up to mentor. All the student enthusiasm in the
world can't be put to any use if there are no mentors. A mentor only needs to
provide technical direction and grading, all other aspects of the program will
be handled by myself.
If you have any updates to the ideas pages or are interested in mentoring,
please get in touch!
* Applicants meet Google's requirements for participation in Summer of Code.
* Applicants are in regular and close contact with their X.Org mentors and the community (IRC, email)
* Applicants know their target programming language.
* Applicants must successfully upstream a simple patch to demonstrate they know the process.
* Applicants are willing to blog weekly and interact with the community (failure to do so will result in a fail at the next review)
Check out https://www.x.org/wiki/GSoCApplication/ for information about how to apply.
More information about the wayland-devel