Using libweston with GTK/GDK

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Wed May 1 02:24:04 UTC 2019

> On 29 Oct 2018, at 09:33, Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> the only opinionated advice I can give you is don't do it. Instead, put
> the GTK stuff in a separate process, let your compositor fork & exec
> it, and talk to it through your own private protocol extension for the
> special bits you need.

What are the basics for creating a private protocol extension, i.e. what's the minimum boilerplate code needed? What's a simple example of how to implement a request between the two processes? The Weston source code is difficult to follow.

How do I allow the child process to call functions and pass data to the parent and vice versa?

Regards

adlo