Xwayland component in bugzilla

Jonas Ã…dahl jadahl at gmail.com
Fri May 10 08:44:53 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 11:29:50AM +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> On Thu, 09 May 2019 14:03:52 -0400
> Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > The Xwayland component of the Wayland product in bugzilla is still open
> > for bug entry. Does anyone actually want this? I'm happy to migrate the
> > remaining open bugs into xserver's gitlab issues where they belong, but
> > I wanted to make sure nobody's still relying on bugzilla for this.
>
> Hi Adam,
>
> I don't recall why that even existed in the first place... maybe it was
> from the time when xwayland was still a DDX module for Xorg?
>
> At least personally I don't see any use for that bz component anymore.

I too think it's better to migrate to and use the xservers issue
tracker. The only "downside" is the wayland-bugs mailing list not
receiving those bugs anymore without further intervention. An Xwayland
label will help a bit, but IIRC there is no way for random bug reporters
to add labels, so it'll need work done by bug triagers.

Jonas