Using libweston with GTK/GDK

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Fri May 17 08:25:32 UTC 2019

On Fri, 17 May 2019 11:10:20 +0300
Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 May 2019 03:45:10 +0100
> adlo <adloconwy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2019-05-16 at 11:58 +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> > >
> > > you should run an actual event loop in the client, which will then
> > > flush your requests to the compositor. Your issue seems to be a
> > > missing
> > > flush.
> > >
> > > See also https://wayland.freedesktop.org/extras.html "Protocol
> > > dumpers"
> > > and the link "is not enough".
> > >
> > > See: wl_display_flush()
> > >

> > I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I tried the following, but it still
> > doesn't work:
> >
> > void global_add(void *our_data,
> >         struct wl_registry *registry,
> >         uint32_t name,
> >         const char *interface,
> >         uint32_t version) {
> >
> >          if (strcmp(interface, "xyz_shell") == 0) {
> >           struct xyz_shell *xshell = NULL;
> >           xshell = wl_registry_bind (registry, 1, &xyz_shell_interface,
> >                                1);
>
> Hi,
>
> you forgot to use 'name'.

Oh, and do run your Wayland compositor with WAYLAND_DEBUG=server, and
separately your client with WAYLAND_DEBUG=client. That way you can see
what protocol messages each one is seeing and sending.

I'm guessing the compositor might be disconnecting your client due to a
protocol error, and your client not dispatching that error to get it
printed automatically.