When `wl_resource_destructor` gets called after `wl_proxy_destroy` called on the client sides.

Sichem Zhou sichem.zh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 20:52:33 UTC 2019

Hi wayland devs,

I have a question regarding the life span of wayland objects. I know
wayland is a asynchronous API, but is there a way to know when the
wl_resource gets destroyed once `wl_proxy_destroy` in the clients?

 The use case is that clients creates some wl_objects on server signal and
the client can destroy the objects at some point. When sever want to
trigger such signal again, it can check whether such objects already exist
for the client(once wl_resource_destroy, server knows clients no longer has
it). If server still thinks the wl_object exists and it was actually
destroyed by client. It would have server to skip.

If clients dont tell to the server on it's destruction of objects, when
would server know to free the wl_resources though?

Thanks,
Sichem