[ANNOUNCE] libxkbcommon 0.9.0
ran at unusedvar.com
Fri Oct 18 22:11:56 UTC 2019
- Move ~/.xkb to before XKB_CONFIG_ROOT (the system XKB path, usually
/usr/share/X11/xkb) in the default include path. This enables the user
to have full control of the keymap definitions, instead of only augmenting
NOTE: We are also considering adding $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/xkb to the default
search path, possibly replacing ~/.xkb. If you have any thoughts, let us
know here or at https://github.com/xkbcommon/libxkbcommon/issues/112.
- Remove the Autotools build system. Use the meson build system instead.
NOTE: The tarball for this release was created with `meson dist`; in previous
releases we used Autotools' `make distcheck`. The main difference is that
meson just creates a git archive and doesn't include files generated by
bison. So now bison (or equivalent) are strictly required when building from
- Fix invalid names used for levels above 8 when dumping keymaps. Previously,
e.g. "Level20" was dumped, but only up to "Level8" is accepted by the
parser. Now "20" is dumped.
- Change level references to always be dumped as e.g. "5" instead of "Level5".
Change group references to always be dumped capitalized e.g. "Group3" instead
of "group3". Previously it was inconsistent.
These changes affect the output of xkb_keymap_get_as_string().
- Fix several build issues on macOS/Darwin, Solaris, NetBSD, cross compilation.
- Port the interactive-wayland test program to the stable version of xdg-shell.
git tag: xkbcommon-0.9.0
More information about the wayland-devel