Set input device to the output

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 10:41:46 UTC 2019

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 12:47:09 +0000
Yavuz Selim Mutlu <Yavuz.Mutlu at vestel.com.tr> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Our board drives two different LVDS displays, and output names are seen as LVDS-1 and LVDS-2.
> When I run the weston the touchscreen events are associated with LVDS-1.
> If I touch the LVDS-2 panel which has touchscreen, the LVDS-1 panel is responsive.
>
> Weston debug: "associating input device event6 with output LVDS-1 (none by udev)"
>
> How can I associate this input device with the LVDS-2 output?

Hi,

use udev rules to set WL_OUTPUT property on the input device to the
output name. Weston uses libinput_device_get_output_name() to fetch it.

Looks like this is now documented nowhere, and
libinput_device_get_output_name() is listed as discouraged. It should
still work though, but may not be portable outside Weston.

I filed https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/issues/283 to
improve documentation.