Chrome Remote Desktop and Wayland

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:30:07 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 11:25 AM Benjamin Berg
<benjamin at sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> > If so, I agree it's better if we don't have the user entering their
> > password in their
> > own session.  In an ideal world we'd have a "secure attention" key or key
> > sequence on the keyboard that users hit when it's time to type their password.
> Yup.

So I'll just add one other note...

People expect to be able to blindly type their passwords to the lock screen
and hit enter to get back to their session.  I know from experience users get
very upset if this feature is broken!

If we add a SAK key they definitely wouldn't be able to do that anymore,
but if we don't have a SAK key, there isn't really trusted path. Anyway doing
unlock from tty1 is a good idea for other reasons (like systemd-homed), so
it makes sense whether or not we pursue trusted path.

--Ray