Rethinking the clipboard?

Aaron Hillegass a at hilleg.us
Mon Dec 28 19:51:26 UTC 2020

I'm a Mac programmer who has been spending more and more time on Linux, and I have become frustrated with the way clipboards work on Linux applications.

As a proof-of-concept, I have been implementing a stand-alone clipboard server and a client library for that server.  The only dependency is the sd-bus functions from libsystemd:
	https://github.com/hillegass/clipboard

Has the idea of pulling clipboard functionality out of the window server been considered by this group?  Is someone else working on this problem?

- Aaron Hillegass