Output Frame of Weston

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 09:01:57 UTC 2020

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:28:10 +0530
Raghu Kadari <raghuram0099 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paalanen,
>
> Thanks for the reply !  would like to confirm below.
>
> How  can I check the Alpha channel  of the final output of the  weston. Is
> there way I can check this information from the console?

Hi,

if you happen to be using GL-renderer, there is something like this in
the log:

[12:41:04.152] Chosen EGL config details: id:   6 rgba: 8 8 8 0 buf: 24 dep:  0 stcl: 0 int: 1-1 type: win vis_id: XRGB8888 (0x34325258)

However, that's only the renderer config. Even if it has an alpha
channel, I think the DRM-backend will still substitute XRGB in the FB
format since it knows the renderer produces an opaque image.

Other than that, not in Weston I think.

If you explained what you actually want to achieve, people might be
able to offer you more helpful answers. Weston has been deliberately
designed to produce an opaque image because we don't have see-through
monitors.